Neuro recovery in A Coruña
Belén López studied physiotherapy and neurorecovery in Madrid, with her experience and her passion for spinal cord injury she moved to Australia where she specialized at the University of Sydney and she is still in a continuous training process from several reference centers throughout United States.
This allows her combine traditional rehab with our advanced, innovative, functional and physical therapy plans which are evidence based treatment programs and specifically designed for spinal cord injury and other neurological disorders.
Specialized and individually exercise programs are designed to help individuals with paralysis to increase the limits of believed possibilty with your hard work and commitment as unique requirements.
You will work one-on-one with our physiotherapist to perform the exercises that will be most beneficial for your specific level of injury, reactivate the nervous system and restore function.
- Spinal cord injury (paraplegic and quadriplegic)
- Traumatic brain injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
If you don´t see your condition call us
What we do?
Firstable you will evaluate in many different areas. All exercises of our specialized programs be completed outside of the wheelchair, using strategic and aggressive exercise designed to improve each area and stimulating the nervous system in a unique way.
These intense exercise therapy programmes include different components:
- Stimulation and sensory performanceActive and passive range of motion, stretching, controlled movements and electrostimulation. Highly repetitive movements can assist in reorganizing the motor patterns in the brain and/or spinal cord.
- Balance trainingIncreasing balance in different positions, strong and proper core will allow you to focus on better posture, movements and daily quality of life.
- EnduranceAerobic capacity increases demand on skeletal, muscular, circulatory, respiratory and nervous systems for oxygen.
- Load areaWeight-bearing activities through the upper and lower extremities. Supporting muscles and ligaments during movement or weight-bearing activities in several different positions.
- Gait and pregait developmentWe develop different positions that prepare your body for walking, also work on facilitating a movement pattern in lower extremities.
- Improve muscle range of motion, strength and flexibilitiy
- Promote neuromuscular stimulation and increase neuroplasticity
- Maintenance optimal health and bone density
- Increase your functional potential, sensory and motor function
- Favours reduction of spasms, pain and depression
- Decrease secondary complications
- Regular exercise will allow you reduce muscular atrophy, physical and psychological benefits